Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ITALY: makes me want to cry


Gelateria Vestri




Panino: Location temporarily unknown

Panino with salami picante, buffala mozzarella, eggplant, marinated yellow peppers, and salsa picante on salted focaccia bread.  Need I say more?


Il Latini

My friend Willa (our most gracious hostess in Firenze) pouring wine from the bottomless wine jug at Il Latini, a gem of a restaurant.

Florentine steak at Il Latini, charred on the outside and bloody rare in the center, just how I like it ;)

Prosciutto starter, sliced from the ham hocks hanging from the ceiling of the restaurant.  Hands down the best prosciutto I have tasted to this day.  Obviously slathered with the greenest and fruitiest of olive oils.  Most likely sliced with a hand-powered meat slicing machine that looks something like this:

A beaut of a meat slicing machine I saw in the store of a window in Venice.  One day I will own this machine, god's gift to charcuterie.  One day...


Osteria il Pizzaiuolo


Stopped over for Lunch in Bologna

Bresaola with arugula, mushrooms, and parmigiano cheese
Lasagna Bolognese. IN BOLOGNA.  OMG I wish you could taste this.  Unctuous, beefy, creamy, intense, meat sauce layered between velvety handmade noodles.

Venice




No comments:

Post a Comment