Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Succotash

The Wednesday Santa Monica farmer's market makes me happy that it's summer, and generally happy to be alive. Picked up some fava beans, corn, avocado, and grape tomatoes. Blanched the fava beans then boiled them in butter and salted water, sauteed the shucked corn with olive oil butter salt and pepper, diced the avocado, halved the tomatoes. Tossed all the ingredients together with more olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, and tossed in some chiffonaded mint. Seasonal heaven.
Grilled up some veggies too: asparagus, white button mushrooms, red bell peppers, and onions

Dined al fresco...obviously.

4 comments:

  1. i see you went with white...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did. it took me a while to get used to.. but now I see you, once again, are right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin - I think I just looked through every page of your blog and...WOW!!! Everything looks amazing and delicious! Going to try and make those grilled veggies tomorrow...seriously, VERY impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kayli! You me jenny and ethan need to cook together sometime soon!!!

    ReplyDelete