Saturday, September 4, 2010

NYC: Ed's Lobster Bar

When I recently moved into my apartment in Soho, something immediately caught my eye. There was a LOBSTER BAR next store to my apartment building. Appropriate, right? Exactly what I thought. With daddy flying in from LA to help me move in that weekend, Ed's lavishly expensive but insanely scrumptious lobster roll was the perfect welcome lunch. Thanks dad ;)
222 Lafayette Street
Mmm...a light, summery Kolsch beer to relieve us from the sweltering Soho heat
The sunshine poured onto the white brick and light wood bar
Lobster roll. Served with an elegant salad and Ed's Pickles.
The thing about NYC is that people like to specialize. They like to take one thing, be it lobster rolls, doughnuts, meatballs, pomme frites, PB&J, tiki cocktails, or mac & cheese, and they just do it right. And I respect this. No, I don't just respect this, I'm kind of obsessed with this. Do one thing, and do it freaking well. In terms of food and restaurants, sometimes "diversify" is such an exhausting term.

1 comment: