Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NYC: Shake Shack

I found myself in flatiron after a day of interviews and wanted something satisfying and rewarding for dinner.  I've heard lots of hype about Danny Meyer's (of Eleven Madison Park, Blue Smoke, Gramercy Tavern, etc, etc) modern day "roadside" burger stand in NYC, and felt it my duty to go taste what all the fuss was about.  So I hopped on a train to the Upper West Side location of Shake Shack, next to the astounding Museum of Natural History.  Well, congratulations Mr. Meyer, your burgers are incredible.  Danny Meyer has taken something as simple yet profound as burgers, fries, hot dogs, shakes, and frozen custard and elevated these American classics to a whole other level.  
The Shack burger is a freshly ground beef patty cooked perfectly to medium, american cheese, lettuce, tomato, and Shack sauce (mayo, ketchup, mustard, dill pickles, cayenne) on a gooey soft bun.
mmmmm
Did I mention they have beer and wine?  I mean, the perfectly balanced meal on a tray: waffle fries, burger, and brooklyn brewery oktoberfest
**Madison Sq Park location: near Madison Ave. and East 23rd st.

No comments:

Post a Comment